August 18, 2008

The Mountain (Home Away From Home)

Just because summer break is over, it doesn't mean that everything must end. We still have at least another month of warm weather (I hope). But, this was probably our last weekend we will see the beautiful wild flowers on the mountain so I had to capture natures beauty. Next time we go, we will probably see the changing colors of FALL! It was breathtaking. Spring brought sheets of purple flowers and now we have sheets of yellow.

Take a look. . .

This is the view from directly outside our trailer door.

Dee Gurney an old friend of Shaun's joined us with his two kids JAKE and AMANDA. It was fun to spend time with them, we don't see them very often.

We also did a little TARGET SHOOTING!

Might I add. . . the Diet Coke can was the
LAST ONE STANDING! Go DC!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Love the picture from the trailer door. How beautiful. Your camera seems to do a great job. What kind is it? I'm in the market for a new one.

Anonymous said...

You're making me homesick for the mountains. What beautiful pictures!

Tai Christensen said...

Wow Savannah is target shooting?! I barely trust Kelsey with a water gun!

Rebecca said...

Looks like fun! It is so pretty there and your pictures are so beautiful! I missed you at the party tonight!

jill allison said...

What great pictures little miss photographer! They are beautiful. I don't know if I will ever be able to leave a comment w/out mentioning how beautiful your kids are...unbelievable. When I start to take things seriously, you need to let me shoot them.
Savannah's dance pictures at the bottom of your blog or precious. You can tell just by her poses that the girl can move! I need a girl!

Tanya said...

i have to say that you have a major talent of photography! this is beautiful...how lucky you are!