I just came off the mountain where the colors are already changing. It was rainy, muddy and foggy. . and I came home to the same weather down here - so what better time to share this fabulous poem written by a sweet friend of mine from High School, Jill Ortiz-Murdock.
Goodbye summer season, you’ve been a dear friend,
I wish you would stay, I don’t want you to end.
You’ve given us, sparklers, swimming, campfires and ice cream,
lazy days of nothing but a nap and daydream.
You showed us your beauty, your heat, and your light
and there is nothing greater than you on your night.
It’s off now to school; bags, books are in check,
often right now, I feel like a wreck.
Was I the mom that I wanted to be back in May,
did my kids see me laugh, love, embrace life each day?
So it is with much sadness that I bid you goodbye,
next time please stay longer, so I don’t want to cry.
You’ve given me my kids, the most precious of all
and while I do love your friend we call ‘fall’. . .
I want you to know that I cherish your stay,
where kids are just kids, and they laugh and they play.
Goodbye summer season, you’ve been a dear friend,
I wish you would stay, I don’t want you to end.
You’ve given us, sparklers, swimming, campfires and ice cream,
lazy days of nothing but a nap and daydream.
You showed us your beauty, your heat, and your light
and there is nothing greater than you on your night.
It’s off now to school; bags, books are in check,
often right now, I feel like a wreck.
Was I the mom that I wanted to be back in May,
did my kids see me laugh, love, embrace life each day?
So it is with much sadness that I bid you goodbye,
next time please stay longer, so I don’t want to cry.
You’ve given me my kids, the most precious of all
and while I do love your friend we call ‘fall’. . .
I want you to know that I cherish your stay,
where kids are just kids, and they laugh and they play.
The worries are small and the memories are big,
as far as I'm concerned, you’ve got the best gig.
So until next year while new friends you are making,
I am patiently waiting to have you for the taking.
as far as I'm concerned, you’ve got the best gig.
So until next year while new friends you are making,
I am patiently waiting to have you for the taking.
by Jill Ortiz-Murdock




4 comments:
So I don't no if I was suppose to cry after reading that poem but I did - It made me feel so sad - very good poem though!
This weather is changing to quick!!!
awesome poem! and i can't get over your pics cori!
What touching words. This summer was WAY to fast, and I am so very sad it is over. I love your pics!
I LOVE FALL. Don't get me wrong, I like summer too, but fall is the best. I love having to put a sweatshirt on, and the crisp in the air. The past few days have been great. I love highs in the 70's.
Post a Comment