
Shaun's mother passed away
on Mon. 9/8/08.
She was 74 yrs. young. She married Shaun's father, Jim Simmons, and they were married for 41 years before he passed away in 1997. As teens, Jim used to come to Provo to race his cars against LaJoy's 5 brothers and that is how they met (Bo likes that story). She was very supportive of him and always had dinner on the table when he walked in. He served as Chief of Police for Orem City and that would cause any wife much stress. They had 5 children. Shaun is the 2nd to youngest. She called him the tornado kid because he blew in and blew out. I can only imagine being Shaun's mother - difficult job. She was a sharp-shooter and won many medals in shooting competitions with Jim. She was also a great fisherman. There was a fishing trip when a huge fish pulled her fishing pole out of her hands and into the water. She was more upset about losing the fish than she was the pole. She had a great sense-of-humor and was always telling a great joke.
Shaun and I had only been married 1 year and were expecting Bo when his dad died in 1997 and that was very difficult for us newlyweds. Now Shaun has lost both his parents
Shaun and I had only been married 1 year and were expecting Bo when his dad died in 1997 and that was very difficult for us newlyweds. Now Shaun has lost both his parents
at the young age of 39.
They are together in heaven catching up for lost time.
Her casket was beautiful.
Something I think she would have picked for herself.








10 comments:
cori, tell shaun we are thinking of him. i can't even imagine losing both of my parents so young! that has got to be tough. her casket is so beautiful, i hope it was a nice funeral. we will call you if we do anything while our men are gone!!
meg
We are sorry for you and Shaun and your family. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to lose your parents, no matter the age. I think that is such a neat picture of Shaun and Bo. And I've never seen Shaun in a suit. He looks so nice!
Cori I am so sorry for your families loss. I cant even imagine what Shaun must be going through. Your family will be in our prayers. His mother sounds like an amazing woman!
I am glad to hear everything went well and heard it was beautiful! Sorry I was not able to make it..sick kids...but my thoughts were with you.
I am so sorry for your family's loss. Your family is in our prayers.
Cori - so sorry to hear about that - I can't imagine what I would do if I lost my parents by the age of 39! My thoughts are with you guys.
Cori,
You are so welcome for the flowers, it was the least we could do! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Let me know if you guys need anything the next couple of days! You are a very patient wife. :)
I'm sorry to hear about Shaun's mom! Tell him we are thinking about him!
Cori,
It was good to see you guys the other day. I wish it could have been under different circumstances. Danny and I are so sorry about Shaun's mom. Our thoughts are with you guys.
p.s. Your blog is SOOOOOO cute! You need to give me a few tips!
we are so very sorry! it is heartbreaking to listen to this song and read this blog. i hope you know we will do anything we can to help you guys out!!
Post a Comment