July 17, 2008

Bo's ELEVEN

Happy Birthday to my little man.
He has turned 11! Here goes the next 10 years. I know they will probably be much more difficult than the first 10 - but if he is anything like he is now, he will make us soooo proud!

I remember the day Bo was born very well! July 18th, 1997 @ approx. 1100. I went in the day before for an NST and had no amniotic fluid left (my fluid level was 2). I was induced with 2 doses of prostin and Pitocin for about 24 hours. Bo's heart tones were not looking as good as they should have. Dr. Gamette then found that I had a prolapsed cord and rushed me back for a c/section. All was well. He was 6 lbs 7 oz and 19 1/2". Within hours he was holding his head up by himself and his arms and legs were moving constantly (he get's that from his dad). I remember how beautiful his eyes were and what a proud father Shaun was. I had to remind Shaun that I was the one who just went through hell and it was my turn to hold him.

He was full of energy when he was younger and we have had to keep him very entertained. He loves a challenge and is not afraid of anything. He is everything I could ever want in a SON! He is such a good example to his sister and such a huge help to me. He is my very BEST FRIEND! We talk about everything and I hope it always stays that way.

We love you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bo! You're sure turning into such a handsome young man!!

Heather J said...

We hope you do something fun today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

smarts said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! your a great boy keep it up. Cori, I love your song choice way cute.

Hayley Holliman said...

O.K. so I do know that his birthday is on the 18th, but I just thought that yesterday was the 18th. {So that explains why all my kids called singing Happy Birthday}. I'm sure it really confused Bo...
HAPPY BRITHDAY BUD!!! Two more years and your a teenager. YEAH!! I'm sure your mom and dad are excited about that.

gillman said...

tell bo happy birthday from all of us!! the time goes by so fast. he really is an amazing kid! good job! :0)
meg

Nicki said...

Hey there,
super cute blog. I will attmept to do my own layout. Hey, how do you put your photos side-by-side, like the one of your engangement pictures with your kids next to it. I want to place photos side by side, but I can't figure it out. also, how did you put all of those 4th of july pictures in that collage. So cute. I am new to the blog scene and need guidance.
Thanks
Nicki Darrington

Ellery said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! wish I could have had more time yesterday I would have taken him to do something!

Brandy said...

Awww.....I hope my son and I can be that close as he grows up. You guys have the sweetest family.

By the way cute background! I still can't believe you do that all by yourself.....you're amazing!

Jamie Johnson said...

Happy birthday Bo. Hope you had a great day. Owen and Jayden want to see your blog, you'll have to except us in.