June 1, 2008

Camping at Soldier Creek

We had a fun weekend spending time in the outdoors. I loved how green (lime green) and beautiful everything was with the new leaves and blades of grass. Provo Canyon is seriously one of the prettiest canyons I know of. We camped with Aunt Pam & Uncle Jim - McKenzie & Calvin (& friends) - Bridger & Jenn.
This dog of ours is such a loyal companion, more so to Bo than even Shaun. KOTA follows him - or sometimes drags him everywhere they go. Bo had fun throwing sticks into the lake and Kota would take off and swim out to get them (no fear of the water). Sammy, our last dog, wouldn't go near the water.


There were potguts everywhere and Bo was in HEAVEN. Sharp Shooter Bo made a great shot with his bow & arrow from approx. 40 feet. I know it sounds graphic and gross to some, but remember these things are rodents and they make a mess digging holes all over the campground.

We spent a lot of time fishing (I'm the only one who caught a fish), but the fishing wasn't that great so, instead, we decided to trap crawfish. Oh My, those things are disgusting, but Bo & Savannah ate them for lunch. We boiled them up, and Bo said they tasted just like crab. Savannah enjoyed her time fishing with her Disney Princess fishing pole. I'm really not sure that pole could catch a fish but we won't tell her that.

Savannah had fun playing with Saige and Addison - Day In and Day Out. I don't think I seen her more than a few times all weekend, JK. We went for walks and the girls played on the snow drift each day and made sleds out of garbage bags.
Shaun made a MEAN Peach Cobbler Saturday night with his bottled peaches and we sat around the fire and visited.

Great conversation with special family makes for for a GREAT TIME!

8 comments:

gillman said...

cor, that looks like such a fun weekend! I am so ready to go camping and enjoy the great outdoor! your kids are adorable as always!!
meg.

Ellery said...

Who is the hat in the family picture?

haley said...

your little girl is such a poser!!! what a fun weekend. kamryn loved playing with s & s the little time we were there.
-'the famous' hayleaves!

Tai Christensen said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! Tell Bo the picture with those GROSS rodents totally is freaking me out!!!!

Brandy said...

It looks so fun. I'm jealous...it has been forever since we've been camping.

Heather J said...

Looks like you had a great time. Tell "Sharp Shooter Bo," thats gross. Good shot, but gross.

Tiff said...

Im so glad you had fun! I wish we did more camping! I love it we just never do it!

Julie said...

Looks like fun. I agree with Tai Grosssssss! on the rodent thing.