January 3, 2009

Our trip to California. . .

DAY ONE - Shaun was given 10 days off during the holidays so off we went to spend time in the San Diego area. This was a very unplanned, unorganized vacation because we left the morning after Christmas Day. I couldn't do much planning for the trip because I was stressing about Christmas. But all turned out well.

After taking several wrong turns off the California freeways (thank you Shaun). . . we arrived at our hotel. Very nice hotel on Harbor Island right on the water in San Diego bay. It had it's own marina so it was fun to see all the fancy yachts. Each night at around midnight, the cruise ships would blow their horn and pull into the bay right in front of our hotel
(we could have done without the horn).



After we were settled, we enjoyed the nightlife in
Old Town, San Diego
and seen some of the sights.
We had a great mexican dinner and browsed for a while.




"Beer Me Now" was definately something that crossed my mind after a 10 hour drive with 2 kids arguing the whole way.

. . . More to come

3 comments:

gillman said...

can't wait to hear more! i am jealous, wish we could have done a fun trip like that!!
Meg :0)

Rebecca said...

My Grandpa lives near there, I know exactly where you stayed! Seeing your pics make me miss him and San Diego! I hope you had fun :)

Tiff said...

fun for you guys!!!