To Audition or not to Audition,
I am filled with so much emotion right now - PMS - and making the decision not to have Savannah audition for a team at TDC (I'm crying again). I know that seems crazy but it truly was a difficult decision. I feel much relief knowing that it is the right thing to do. The reason is because of our shitty economy and it's effect on most families (sorry - I'm keepin' it real). I am sure that I am not the only one feeling this way. Our expenses have doubled in the last few months (gas and groceries, etc.) and we just feel that there are a few things that need to be cut. We are not willing to cut the things we enjoy as a family because those things are much more important than a 5 yr olds dance class. I also don't want to burn her out. I think that can happen so easily when they are so young. Taking a break will also give Savannah the chance to mature. Don't worry, Savannah is not giving up dance entirely - she will be taking classes (for a lot less money) and WE WILL BE BACK!
I think Savannah can rock the house and I owe that to Bethany. She has learned so much from her including discipline and respect. Bethany is very dear to Savannah's heart (I'm crying again). Even after push ups Savannah only wanted to do her best and be recognized. It's funny how, in such a short time, Bethany can make such an impression on our little ones. The time she spent with Savannah on the Trio meant so much. I think that was the best thing we could have done. It gave her so many more opportunities to perform and did a lot for her self esteem - she thought she was the BOMB!
I will miss everyone and hope that you don't forget about us. Thanks for all the fun coversations. I will still be here blogging and would love for Savannah to get together with all the friends she has made at TDC.

Good luck at tryouts - We'll be CAMPING!



6 comments:
cori, I feel your pain!! its so hard to make those decisions for our kids. savannah is lucky to have such a great mom!!!!
I am shocked and sad! From the very first day that Halle went to dance you made us feel included. You will be so missed! I hate making tough decisions like that, but I admire you for your guts! Have fun camping!!!
Cori-good for you and Savannah. I think it is so hard sometimes to just listen to what we need to do and shut everything else out, but I think that's what makes a good Mom. Lizy is still on the fence about try-outs, so who knows maybe they can take Jazz together?? I'm sure we will see you around....Jeff and I have loved getting to know you this year.
Cori I'm sad to hear it - WE will miss you! stay in touch! Thanks for always taking such good care of Kwincee I apreciate it!
I can totally understand your difficult decision. I go back and forth wodering all the time if this is the right thing for Brynn. I will for sure miss seeing you at TDC, but we'll have to get the girls together to play sometime. You'll have to let me know where you decide to have Savannah take classes and how that goes. Good Luck!
When I told Bryns she started to cry and wanted to know if she would ever see Savannah again. I told her we would. So we are holding you to that. Hope you have fun camping!
Post a Comment