May 17, 2008

Baseball - Last year of Mustang

Go YANKEES!

You have to listen to this song all the way through - It is sooo cute!

Bo started playing T-Ball when he was 3 years old and has never missed a season. I remember him so small and wearing a mitt that he could barely hold up. Believe it or not, there was a time when I could play catch with him (under-hand throws) but, now, there is no way. We have dabbled in many other sports but this seems to be his passion.
This is Bo's 3rd year in Mustang City League. He is pitching this year (finally) and doing a great job. He is very proud of his pitching and feels like he is doing well, and I would have to agree. I have to share a funny story - Shaun was standing behind the catcher as Bo was warming up before a game. Bo pitched, the ball bounced, and hit Shaun right where it counts. Needless to say, he was hobbling his way behind the backstop. Chalk that one up for a lesson learned.
His buddy Josh Lee has played on his team all 3 years and they make great plays together (it's like they can read each others mind). Our last game, we played the Angels and his good friend Owen is on that team. These two are so competitive against each other - they have to throw harder or jump higher and I think it is great for boys to be that way. It only pushes them to do better.

Bo & Josh

Bo and Owen

8 comments:

Cami and Mitch said...

cori-
your kids are so cute and looks like they are pretty talented! yes, i change my background too much! it is a problem :) I figured out how to do it and now its so easy and fun i can't stop

Ashlee Raubach said...

So this is actually a comment on your TDC post. I was wondering were you guys were at auditions, I am so sad that you guys won't be there! But she is still so young, and sometimes a break is a good thing! Don't worry, we are all feeling the change of the economy! :(
Let's keep in touch!

Heather J said...

You need to let us know when his next game is, so we can come watch.

Hayley Holliman said...

Good Job Bo!!! Stone says "Hi".
*Love the song Cori* I want to know who won the game?

Hayley Holliman said...

Hey - Where is the To Do List for this weekend??? I like to see what other people are getting done. (Because it seems like I can never get anything done. You know 4 kids.)

Hayley Holliman said...

O.K. so your To Do List dosen't look like your getting much done. Nothing says DONE next to it, whats the deal??? O-yeh I heard Speed Racer was really stupid, better go see Indiana Jones.

Brandy said...

Hey Cori! Your son is such a cutie and talented.
I saw the teams posted on TDC's website and got a little sad for a minute....all the friends we will miss and everything. I'm sure we will return in a few years, but I'm happy Lizy will be under less stress and enjoy dance again. It was too much for how young she is and she wasn't happy. I registered her at the Vibe for the summer and I think she will tryout for their team. I'm glad they can offer her structure but she'll still have time to try other forms of activities.
Lizy says Hi and wants Savannah to know she has a CUTE brother:)

Julie said...

I just realized that my son Braden played baseball with Bo last year! Small world huh?