When Shaun and I got married my mom started our Christmas Village Tradition for us by giving us one new piece each Christmas. Needless to say, my collection has grown and I don't even have enough room to display them all. Each piece is from the Dept. 56, North Pole series. My kids have always loved them. They will sit and daydream in front of the village forever. Most of my pieces represent something that has happened during our family adventure, i.e., Bo starting elementary school, Savannah being obsessed with playdough, Bo learning to snowboard, the year we landscaped our yard.
This village is something that makes me HAPPY and feel like a kid again.
Pieces not displayed, Reindeer Barn, Elves Bunkhouse, Toy Delivery Train, Ice Skating Rink.





4 comments:
I knew we were alike! James started this tradition for me the first year we were married. He gives me one the day I put them out and one (or more) as Christmas gifts on Christmas. I have the street lights, the trains, the people, etc.
I DO NOT have enough room for all of them...what to do! I am so excited you have the same tradition!
So, you are making me feel quilty for not puting mine up. They are so dang fun. My house is just a little small, and I have a little monster.
In answer to the reply on my post...OF COURSE, I will tell Shaun (to pull his head out) and get you some pieces to the village. It is the least he could do for such a GOOD wife!
I FINALLY got mine set up today.
James gave me a new ice skating rink...so cute! I am going to copy you and post a pic, hope you don't care :)
Post a Comment