So. . .I was watching So You Think You Can Dance last night and was enlightened when they interviewed Janene. She told of when she was a little girl, she really hated to go to dance class and it was her mother who forced her to take dance lessons beginning at the age of 3. It took her years to enjoy dance and quit fighting her mom. She now believes that her mom knew what was best for her.
This reminded me so much of my little "dance relationship" with Savannah. I had nearly made the decision to pull her off the team because she hates to practice and I'm sick of fighting.
Coincidently, her Team Auditions were today. So. . .I felt like that interview was just what I needed to hear. . .and just in time.





5 comments:
Madison was the same way with gymnastics, however, we pulled her for a while so she can show commitment for it when she really wants to do it. I learned later that she likes to tumble...she just doesn't like the other apparatuses (and that's what I thought she liked). In her situation it made her focus better and work harder in dance...what a blessing. Good luck Savannah in your audition...I'm sure nobody auditioning looks as cute as you do in your pink hot pants!
I can't believe Savannah's giving you attitude about going to dance. She is the cutest little dancer ever and I love the little ruffle bikers in the picture. Mom's really do know best! Hope you guys are doing well. It's fun to check in on your blog every once in a while!!!
So cute!!! I love your blog background... sooooooooo fun!!! It really fits you and your darling fam!
Soooo cute, I am freaking out over those bikers! How did auditions go?
Yay!! I'm glad you had her try-out. She is so good and when she is on stage you can tell that she loves it! After try-outs were over Lizy mentioned she misses dancing!?! Seriously, she is killing me! We are going to try gymnastics this fall. We will miss seeing you guys this year!! Have fun!
Post a Comment