The kids and I hiked to Stewart Falls yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful. The kids had a great time and I felt like it was something out of the ordinary. Sometimes we have to push ourselves out of our comfort zone and not worry so much about everything else that is left a mess (i.e., house, laundry).
This summer has really been a downer for us due to the rain. For families who have outdoor plans, the rain is only torture. But, yesterday was beautiful and I knew that we needed to get out and enjoy the beautiful mountains that are within minutes from us. Bo asked me, "why have we never done this before when we live so close"? I didn't have an answer for him.
With or without Shaun (meaning, I need to be more independent), my children and I will be doing things like this much more often.

July 7, 2009
What doesn't kill me - can only make me stronger!
Happy Thoughts by Cori Simmons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
How fun, I have been wanting to take the boys on that hike. Hopefully we can get it in before summers over.
What a fun time! And what beautiful scenery!
Good for you guys!! Thanks for reminding about that hike. It's now in the plan of things to finish this summer!
You are the best Cori!
I used to go up there all the time. I haven't been forever. I may have to copy your idea.
About the post below I have to agree that Bo is a natural and Savannah is too.
Post a Comment