I usually don't do this but I'm going to share my thoughts in hopes that it will help me stay motivated and accountable. I have started the HCG diet (or you could call it starvation) last Sunday Jan. 10th. FOUR days and I have lost 8.5 lbs. It really hasn't been too bad.
I've wasted way too much of my life being heavier than I should be. I've taken extreme measures in the past to lose weight only to gain some back after having two kids. My kids have shown signs of wanting mom to lose weight and that's when it starts to pull at your heart strings. Everytime a commercial comes on for weight loss, Savannah turns to me with encouragement and a smile and says, "mom, you should do that". Gee thanks Sav, ya sayin' I'm fat?
Anyway, it's time to get things under control. I'm old now and the body is showing me signs of weakness. On my small 5'1" frame, it just can't carry this weight without hurting me. I have tried so many times and failed. I've given up trying for several years now because I'm sick of failing. FAIL is the ugliest word in the Dictionary. I never allow my children to FAIL at anything they do, they always must give it everything they have and never quit. How can I ask them to do that when I'm not?
Then there's Shaun, poor Shaun. The young man who chased all the cute, super tiny girls in town. He was so proud of me during the first several years of our marriage and now I am a huge dissapointment to him. He doesn't say it but occasionally he'll remind me that I don't need that donut. Some may think he's awful. . .and maybe so. But he is the most supportive husband ever. He shells out the money everytime I try a new diet. He is doing all the cooking during my time on HCG. The day before I started, he did all my grocery shopping and had everything weighed and portioned out in individual baggies for me. He REALLY wants me to be successful.
I am so sick of looking like a freakin slob. I haven't been shopping for clothes in over a year or more. All my money and effort goes into my kids as I'm sure you all can tell. THAT is sooooo going to CHANGE! It's time for me. I can't wait to wear the cute clothes that I see others wearing. I'm never going to be a long-legged, big-busted, skinny beauty queen but I know I have potential to look like a cute 40 year old.
I want to be able to put on a swim suit and feel decent in it. We are taking a major beach vacation or cruise as soon as I am done. AND, I am going to be in every damn picture we take. So there!
I can do this!
January 14, 2010
My Thoughts. . .
Happy Thoughts by Cori Simmons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Good luck on your life change! Don't get to down on yourself - it only makes the process harder. You can do it. And NEVER say you are a disappointment again. You have brought two beautiful children into your husband's life. He should never be disappointed in you - and neither should you!
Good Luck Cori!!! Totally thinking about you. You are a smart, beautiful, wonderful woman and I hope it works for you!!! YOU DESERVE IT :)
You can totally do it Cori! Good luck!
Wow Cori...your post brought tears to my eyes! What a terrific attitude...I think that's the biggest obsticle. If I had a better attitude toward exercise I'm sure I would be much healthier. You have motovated me, way to go! I have NEVER seen you look like a slob...ever! You ALWAYS look cute! Beauty comes from within and reflects outward...you are beautiful...remember that...no matter what you weigh. I hope you succeed beyond your expectations...with the attitude you are taking you definately will!
cori- first of all, you have NEVER looked like a slob! EVER!! i don't think that is in the jacobsons girls genes. :0) I think you are beautful, but I know how important it is to feel good about yourself, and I know that you will kick this diets butt!!! woman are always soooo much harder on themselves than anyone else. So good luck on this, and just know that you are beautiful no matter what you weigh!!!
Meg :0)
This post is both inspirational and sad all wrapped up in one. It's sad to think that you feel you are a "failure" because you aren't what you think others (i.e. family members) think you should be. I'm proud of you for doing this. Just do it for YOU. I think you are an incredibly beautiful woman and you need to know that too. I think you need to be in every damn picture no matter what your size is. You're gorgeous. I'm rootin' for ya every step of the way. (Even though I like ya already how you are!!!)
Cori I agree with everyone else you are NOT a slob so don't ever say that again. But I am sure you will do amazing at this diet. My dad sales it and he see's so much success my mom and dad have both lost so much weight doing it and I have been on it for 2 weeks and have lost 7 pds it is crazy and I haven't been perfect either. It just makes you think what you are putting in your mouth which is good for me since its usually sugar! I am rooting for you!
Cori I've never seen you look bad, ever! Just make sure you are doing this for YOU and you'll rock this diet!!! I'm rooting for you! You are an amazing mother and person no matter what!! And, yes, get in those pictures!! (I'm not one to talk....I'm never in any. lol)
Thanks everyone - Doing great so far!
I love your gusto!!! You CAN do it!!! And you're right, you need to do stuff for you now. After this baby, that is going to be my mode of thinking until I drop all my weight from Everett AND this baby... And I'm getting cute clothes to wear around the house because I'm tired of being frumpy!!!! (Sorry, I'm taking over your comments page with my rantings...) What I'm saying is I want to see pictures when you hit your goals! We'll do it together! Love ya tonz and miss ya!
Cori, I am so PROUD of you!! You are my She-ro!!! You are doing awesome and you are so motivating. It takes a lot of courage to lay all of your business on the internet for the whole world to see! I KNOW you are going to do amazing and count me in on the beach vacation sister!! Love ya!
Boy, You've got a lot of good friends supporting you! I wish I'd had so many friends caring. YOU CAN DO THIS! Love, Mom
Hey Corie Just keep going it gets easyer me and my Mom are on that Diet she has struggled a little with it but it hasnt been as hard for me. Good Luck!
Ok, so I found out what your plan is.
Yes, you CAN do it.
You've always been darling, skinny or not. But I do understand the wanting to be healthy and wanting to do it for the kids and husband and wanting to just feel healthier.
Yeah....you can do it.
Post a Comment