Shaun returned last weekend with his prize Bull Elk after hunting for about 7 days. Bo was able to spend some precious time with his dad looking for the "big one" and cow calling the bulls right to them. The bulls were hungry for some lovin' - they call this hunger "the rut".
This was Shaun's first bull elk hunt so, considering that, he was very successful. Both Dad and Shaun shot nice Elk. They have each wanted to draw this tag for a very long time. Kind of interesting that they would draw the same year.
Something really funny to me is the two aspen trees you see below. My Uncle Alan elk hunted in this same area years ago and didn't see anything. So, he carved "NO ELK" in a tree. Years, and years later, my cousin Luke (Alan's nephew) killed a 360 BULL and carved his success in the aspen right next to Alan's. Egg in his face!










4 comments:
Cute post!
I am SO GLAD this hunt is finally OVER...now maybe Shaun will quit talking about it....in another month or so anyway....:)
Just Kidding Shaun, I am glad you got to get away and have a good time.
Luke and I were laughing at the last picture. I'm very impressed with Shauns elk. Tell him well done. What a success for both he and your dad. I'll be expecting an elk roast on my doorstep in the next few weeks! :)
Those aspen trees are hilarious!!! How cool!!
those are some sweet elk!! i bet both your guys were super excited!!!
Meg :0)
Post a Comment