April 13, 2009

Mr. Bunny Came & Went

I was hoping the kids would sleep in a little bit but that didn't happen. They were up @ 0700 bright eyed and bushy tailed. Mr. Bunny hid the eggs all around the yard so it was a race to see who could get the most . . .and I think Savannah won.

Then Savannah ventured out to the chicken coop to see if that's where her basket could be hidden and much to her surprise she found more than she bargained for. . . 5 cute baby chicks. We had chickens when Bo was younger and it was such a great experience for him. He loved to collect the eggs. So Mr. Bunny felt that Savannah deserved to enjoy chickens as well.
Thank goodness they're both old enough
to feed them and clean the poop in the coop.





We spent the afternoon at their grandma and grandpas for a great dinner and the traditional Easter Egg Hunt. The younger kids hunt the front pasture and the older kids hunt the back pasture. This year the older kids were each only allowed to find 4 golden eggs each. But these were truly prized eggs as they contained MONEY & lots of it.



8 comments:

Elizabeth O. said...

I'm so glad everything worked out with the chicks. They are so cute!! What a fun day and great memories for your kiddies.

Deena said...

That's awesome getting chicks for Easter! What a fun surprise. It looks like you had a really great time.

Rachel said...

I had chickens when I was younger too! How fun! They are so cute as little fluffy chicks!

Oakley said...

that was so much funnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

That is one REALLY nice Easter Bunny! No chickies for my house..:(

Anonymous said...

What cute baby chicks!! Hunter would NEVER be able to have a baby chick. He would kill it for sure. Happy Easter!!!

Kristin said...

What cute kids! How fun to have chicks on Easter morning!

Molly said...

What a fun Easter! I can't believe how big your kids are!