West Stake RS Birthday
Let the creative juices flow. . .We decided to plan around a
construction theme,
Building a house unto the Lord.
"Organize yourselves, prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of order, a house of God."
. . .and TODAY all of our planning came together!
We had old vintage window frames (as if we were looking into a home built unto the Lord) hanging from the walls next to the "blue prints" above representing the 7 things that Pres. Monson stated. As they arrived the picked up their "Time Card" and clocked in ready to build. We had a wonderful lunch break with lunchboxes and all. We had a different vintage tablecloth at each table and handmade flowers that matched the floral print in the tablecloth.
Today I had the opportunity to sit with some Sisters from my Ward who didn't even know who I was. It was nice to introduce myself and get to know them.
I'm sure they are wondering, how is she serving on a Stake RS Committee when she doesn't even come to church??? I wondered that same thing myself, but it has been such a rewarding experience. I have always felt close to the Church in my heart.
"We are builders of eternal houses.
We are apprentices to the trade —
not skilled craftsmen.
We need divine help if we are to build successfully."
- Pres. Thomas S. Monson



11 comments:
That looks amazing!! It could go down in the "RS committee Hall Of FAME"! Way to go.
Also, I'm proud of you to forgive and move past those who have offended you. That is not something that most of us can easily do.
Looks great Corie! I heard you are a perfectionist. it was alot of fun to see you at timpview,I was so proud of Jasmine she is very shy so it was a big accomplishment for her. Oakly is an amazing dancer.
Cori, I feel the same way about my ward....I wish I could just pick up my house and get out of here. But I think to it is ME, but it is going to take me a bit longer to get OVER it!!! You did read my blog been thinkin and a lot of those feelings come from in my ward. Sad that people who should be so supportive and kind are never to be found. Well I will quit rambling now but you guys did an amazing JOB!! Glad it all went well and you met some new people!!
Cori that is so awesome that you were able to do that. I am sure that was so hard for you but I am sure well worth it! My dad always says the church is true not all the members but the church is true. I think he had problems with people in the ward for years and finally realized that.
So way to go girl! I am proud of ya!!!
oh and believe me humility follows me lately and always wondering what people are thinking about me but I am so getting over it I could care less! And it is a great feeling!
You can be on our committee anyday!That looks awesome.
I echo what the other posts have said and what you have experienced in your ward. Often during sacrament I find my self looking around and wondering "Who are all of these people and are they really MY ward FAMILY" because they can be so calus and clique-ish. I have to remind myseld I am there for Christ and for my kids. YOU ARE an GREAT PERSON and I am sure they were all so excited to have your help!
PS...Off the subject but for some reason my blog does not show updated on your sideba. Did I do something wrong with my blog when I updated it... do you think??
WOW! looks like you guys did a great job. Looks like so much work.
I've gone back & forth on church activity the last few years myself. Lately I've realized I just have to do what's best for my family and myself and not waste a thought on what other people think, say, do or judge me by. That goes for both sides of the fence (the church goers and the non-church goers). True friends are there for you no matter what. Whether you're in RS on Sunday or not.
hang in there!
Beautiful! I'm always amazed at the lessons we learn through trials. Many times I grumble and then I realize the lesson I am to learn. I always manage to forget the importance of the Lord in my life till something big happens. I'm glad you were able to meet new sisters and have a great experience while creating something so beautiful!
cori, that makes me so sad for you!! i know that i always think that members of the church should know better, but i guess we are all human. they don't know what a great person they are missing out on having in their ward. what an AMAZING job you guys did for the RS bday celebration. that is ALOT of hard work, i am very impressed. i wish you guys were in our ward, i would love that!!! cori, i think you are amazing!
luvya, meg
Hi Cori,
You don't know me but I am in your stake. I happened upon your blog from Jamie's blog. I recognized the picture of our Stake RS Conference. And may I just say, "Bravo!!!" I can't believe how much work went into it, but I want you to know it was so worth it. I had a wonderful experience (and no, it's not just because I won the "grand prize". Hah!). It was a great day and I felt the spirit many times, and it was because of your efforts. Thank you again.
In response to your church feelings, I just wanted to say "bravo" again for leaving your feelings at the door and deciding to come and serve. I really do relate to your feelings. I walked around church for many years, waiting for someone to acknowledge me and not feeling particularly close to the people in my ward. But one day I finally realized that the change had to be in me, just like you mentioned. I did a 180, and decided to bully my way into friendships with these women. And can I just say, I now consider the women in my ward true friends and sisters. Some more than others, obviously, but I now look at them, as a whole, as people I really care about. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual. The more I reached out, the more I got in return. So, you are definitely on the right track, just going for it. Being where you and your family need to be. Period.
I would love to meet you! I'll have to have Jamie introduce us. Any friend of Jamie's is a friend of mine!
Love,
Val
P.S. Sorry for the novel!!
Looks awesome! Sounds like such a wonderful and inspiring day! I hope you remember who I am or I am going to feel so lame for leaving a comment. It's been forever since UVRMC and lunch in the good old cafeteria. I stumbled onto your blog from the Wilkinson's. I went to High School with Tanya and Kelly. Bo has sure grown from a cute little baby into a handsome kid! Savannah is adorable!
-Jenny Fryer
Post a Comment